Careers > Customer Care / Customer Service Representative
A dynamic wholesale/retail gift business is looking to add a Customer Service Representative to our team!
We are seeking smart, motivated, quick learners to respond to our growing customer service demands.
Note: Interaction is primarily via email and telephone - excellent communications skills and attention to details are a must! Primarily work out of your own home on the hours of 9 – 5 EST.
Possible occasional travel to trade shows once or twice a year.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Liaison between Sales / Marketing / Operations
- Receive and process orders via phone, fax and email
- Answer phones during set business hours
- Batch export orders to warehouse for shipping / fulfillment
- Monitor warehouse activity to ensure timely and accurate processing of customer orders
- Review and report warehouse issues with management as necessary.
- Distribute wholesale pricing, product catalogs and marketing literature upon request.
- Provide product information and items suggestions to existing and new accounts
- Update and maintain account (customer) database for accuracy
- Establish accurate information for new accounts (customers), including shipping and special handling requirements.
- Notify accounts (customers) of out of stock, back orders and shipping status
- Notify Sales Reps of out of stock, back orders and provide weekly order confirmation.
- Process and rectify customer claims process for overages, shortages, damages and claims related to non–compliance charge backs.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies and non-compliance charge-backs to prevent recurrence, mitigate financial impact to business and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Contact accounts (customers) to resolve accounts receivables aging and overdue invoices.
- Process credit memos as related to invoice discrepancies, shipping issues and returns.
- Process direct sample requests from Sales Reps and Sales Director (for showrooms/tradeshows)
- Communicate special offers/ promotions to accounts (customers) (may also need to manage pricing modifiers (levels) within Salesforce)
- Develop and maintain Customer Service Dept. processes.
- Occasionally participation in industry trade shows w/ Sales Director.
- Basic operations: shipping, inventory and domestic logistics processes
- Routing Guides
- Wholesale customer service and account management
- Basic Bookkeeping
- Customer Relationship Management system
- Support/Ticketing system
- Excellent written and phone communication
- Competence with problem-solving and ability to resolve issues promptly
- Pro-active, creative and self-motivated work style
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects amid changing priorities
- Consistently deliver superior results in a fast-paced environment within given deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Microsoft excel
- Ability to work independently from your home
- High fluency with computers, internet, social media
- Customer care/ service in wholesale / gift-industry helpful
- Sales either direct or support in wholesale / gift industry helpful
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Salesforce helpful.
- Facility with Apple products helpful.
- Since you will be working primarily from your own home, you must have your own reliable high-speed Internet connection. You must also have reliable access to a computer and phone line.
- Cover Letter. The cover letter should address all of the following:
- Why would you like to work for New York Puzzle Company.
- Your experience with working remotely.
- Which puzzle you would want to receive on your first day, if hired.