Careers > Freelance Designer – Catalog and Packaging
A dynamic wholesale/retail gift business is looking for help with our catalog and some package design on a per project basis. We are seeking smart, creative, quick learners to respond to our growing design demands.
Note: Interaction is primarily via email and telephone - excellent communications skills and attention to details are a must! Work out of your own home with your own materials. We are currently seeking help for our Winter 2019 catalog but as we are a growing company, have many more projects to come which could be yours depending on your capabilities and availability.
Project: Winter 2019 Catalog
- Take our previous season’s 96 page catalog and update pages with 70 + new items.
- Work with current catalog designer to understand our layout standards and expectations.
- Some Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator could be necessary to fully complete project.
- To get an idea of our current catalog visit: https://wholesale.newyorkpuzzlecompany.com
- Work primarily with Adobe InDesign to deliver a finished ready to print catalog in a relatively short period of time.
- As this will job will be paid on a project basis, we will be looking for you to provide us an estimate of how many hours this job will take you and how long it will take to complete once we have discussed the scope in detail.
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- EasyCatalog, an InDesign Plugin
- Catalog creation and layout
- Packaging layout
- Facility with Apple products helpful
Since you will be working primarily from your own home, you must have your own reliable high-speed Internet connection to access our shared drives. You must also have reliable access to a computer with these programs and be able to check in regularly with creative director throughout the project.
Please send the following to email@example.com or apply through the FlexJobs.com website:
- Cover Letter. The cover letter should address all of the following:
- Why would you like to work for New York Puzzle Company.
- Your experience with working remotely.
- Your experience working on catalogs.
- Any other relevant experience to this particular project.
- Portfolio or examples of other catalog and packaging work. Please explain to what extent you were responsible for job and what elements were collaborative.